Friday, May 23, 2008

Basketball Writing on Helium: Look-In Vol. 1

Recently, I have found a new site to write articles on. This site is Helium.com. I like it because, after posting, other members of the site rate the article and each piece of writing is ranked among others of the same topic. So every once in awhile, I will be giving a look-in to my writing on the site. This is the first of (hopefully) many.


Topic: Who would you rather have on your NBA team: LeBron James or Kobe Bryant?

My Take: I wrote this a couple weeks ago and went against the grain in arguing for Kobe. Currently, it is ranked 3rd out of the 15 articles written in favor of Bryant over LeBron.


Topic: Exciting NBA basketball players to watch

My Take: In this particular piece by me, I talked about not only the obvious choices of Chris Paul and Kobe Bryant but also those you wouldn't expect such as Gerald Wallace and Brandon Roy. As of right now, it is ranked 2nd out of the 24 written on exciting NBA players.


Topic: Should Kobe Bryant become the NBA's MVP for the 2007/2008 pro basketball season?

My Take: I said no and argued for Chris Paul to win the award. I felt as though I brought up some pretty good points. Too bad Kobe has been proving me wrong in the playoffs. My article is ranked 5th out of 8.


Topic: The most underrated NBA player

My Take: I really don't want to give it away on whom I picked so I'll let you follow the link and find out for yourself. You may be somewhat shocked though. (My finding him was shear luck.) It is ranked 3rd out of 17 right now.


Topic: The best NBA point guards

My Take: Finally, you have my newest article. I am ranked 1st...but so far I am the only one to write on that topic so don't be fooled. The top three are pretty obvious, but after that it gets a little shaken up.


There you have it. Those are my latest and greatest (yeah, right) works of writing. I hope you enjoy. Leave a comment if you'd like.

No comments: